Area of specialization:
Dr Ifeoluwapo Oluwaseun Amao has a Ph.D. degree in Agricultural Economics from the University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria. She is a Chief Research Officer in the National Horticultural Research Institute, Ibadan, Nigeria. An agricultural economist with expertise in socio-economic research and facilitation of capacity building programmes. She was awarded the Netherlands Fellowship Programme in 2012 through which she participated in the short course on Market access for sustainable development. She became a member of the African Growth and Development Policy (AGRODEP) Modeling Consortium in July 2015. In June 2016, she participated in the course on Transparency and Reproducibility Methods for Social Science Research, organized by the Berkeley Institute for Transparency in the Social Sciences, Centre for Effective Global Action, University of California, Berkeley, United States of America. She served as the secretary, exhibition sub-committee of the Local Organizing Committee during the Third All Africa Horticultural Congress held at the International Institute for Tropical Agriculture (IITA), Ibadan from 7th -12th August, 2016. Her research interests include welfare and consumption studies as well as development economics.
14. Oyedele O.O, Adeoye, I.B., Amao, I.O., Bamimore, K.M. and Ogundeyi, A. (2019): Analysis of market flow of tomatoes among smallholder farmers in Oyo state Acta Horticulturae October, 2019 DOI: 10.17660/ActaHortic.2019.1258.22.
15. Adebisi-Adelani, O. Olajide-Taiwo, L.O., Olajide-Taiwo, F.B., Amao, I.O. and Oyedele, O.O. (2019): Effect of capacity building on knowledge of farmers about improved citrus nursery practices in NIHORT adopted villages Acta Horticulturae DOI: 10.17660/ActaHortic.2019.1258.4.
16. Amao, I. O., Olajide-Taiwo, F. B., Adeoye, I. B., Effi M. O., Bamimore, K. M., Ngbede S. O, Akinpelu, C. A., Fagbola, B. O., Nwankwo E., Habu S. H., Idris Bala, A., Shuaibu M., Akinrinola, A. O., Hudu, A .H. Oyedele O. O, and Olajide-Taiwo, L .O. 2019. Therapeutic and nutritional benefits of home gardens among households in NIHORT-neighborhood across Nigeria, Proceedings of 37th Annual Conference of the Horticultural Society of Nigeria (HORTSON) 18th– 22nd November, 2019 pp.12-17 ISSN 978-978-977-709-9.
17. Amao, I.O., Adebisi-Adelani, O., Olajide-Taiwo, F.B. and Bamimore, K.M. (2018): Perception of Agricultural students of selected tertiary institutions on excursion to National Horticultural Research Institute about horticulture, Proceedings of the 36th Annual Conference of Horticultural Society (HORTSON), Faculty of Agriculture Shabu-Lafia campus, Nasarawa State University, Keffi, Nasarawa State, Nigeria pp791-796 ISSN 978-978-54729-6-7.
18. Oyedele O.O, Adeoye, I.B., Amao, I.O., Layade, A.A. and Bamimore, K.M. (2018): Vegetable consumption among staff of agricultural based institutions in Ibadan, Nigeria, Proceedings III All Africa Horticultural Congress Acta Horticulturae ISHS 2018. DOI 10.17660/ActaHortic.2018.1225.52 pp367-376.
19. Oyedele O.O, Adeoye, I.B., Amao, I.O., Layade, A.A. and Bamimore, K.M. (2018). Preliminary studies on fruit consumption among Primary and Secondary school students in selected schools of Oyo State, Proceedings of the 36th Annual Conference of Horticultural Society (HORTSON), Faculty of Agriculture Shabu-Lafia campus, Nasarawa State University, Keffi, Nasarawa State, Nigeria pp564-570 ISSN 978-978-54729-6-7.
20. Amao, I.o., Ogunniyi, A.I. and Omotosho, O. (2017): Crop diversity and dietary diversity among horticultural-based farming households in Nigeria: Linkages and pathways; Proceeding of the 35th Annual Conference of the Horticultural Society of Nigeria held at College of Agriculture, Kabba, Division of Agricultural Colleges, Ahamadu Bello University, Zaria, Nigeria from 29th October-3rd November, 2017 pp 264-271.