Extension Research Program
DR. OLAJIDE-TAIWO FUNMILAYO
Head of Program
- To work in partnership with farmers, researchers (biological and social) and other stakeholders for the generation and dissemination of appropriate horticultural technologies.
- Identify horticultural farmers, their production constraints and opportunities in Nigeria
- Package and disseminate horticultural information and improved technologies in usable forms to different stakeholders
- Provide feedback from clientele system to research system for demand-driven research
Components of Extension Research Programme
- Diagnostic/Thematic Survey
- Adoption studies/Impact assessment
- Technology transfer (OFAR- On-Farm Adaptive Research, SPAT- Small Plot Adoption Techniques, MTP – Management Training Plot)
- Trainings/Capacity building
- REFILS activities and exhibition.
- Outreach centers (AROCs)
- Women in Horticulture (WIH)
On-going Projects: Outreach activities in appropriate handling of horticultural produce and horticultural waste management in selected markets of Ibadan metropolis.